Pembrokeshireplaces Guests' Comments
Pembrokeshireplaces guest comments Solva St Davids self catering holiday cottage
"A lovely, cosy, comfortable cottage in a
beautiful part of the country. Great walks, pub lunches, relaxation. The log
fire and Christmas tree made our Christmas perfect, Thank You."
"Best ever cottage accommodation in 22 years, thank
you . The George has the edge in our opinion."
"Stay No. 10, fantastic rest. Everyone still as
friendly as stay No. 1. Power shower and log fire first class additions."
"2 weeks of complete relaxation in beautiful surroundings. Cottage wonderful.
Couldn’t believe our luck in having such beautiful views from the garden. The
only recommendation is change absolutely nothing in Mill Cottage. We will
certainly be back!"
"One of the nicest cottages we have stayed in. Pembrokeshire as lovely as ever."
"What a fantastic week! Highly recommend Sunday Lunch at The Cambrian, good food
and excellent value.
Nice to meet Phil Prickett in The Ship. Thanks for the beer!"
"Mill Cottage and Solva magic. Location and weather has been wonderful."
"Another great holiday in Mill Cottage and Solva. Quayside Regattas great fun,
and friendly. Lovely to be back in Solva again, nice to see the new kitchen and oak furniture, very comfortable, thank you. See you next year!"
"A wonderful stay in a 1st class cottage.
10/10! Food at both Harbour Inn and Cambrian good value with friendly staff"
"Our second visit to Mill Cottage was
just as good as the first. The Cambo excellent food, tea time
specials. Cottage and setting perfect place to unwind."
Fantastic week on Whitesands beach, friendly locals at the Farmers Arms, a great
atmosphere. Early evening drink on their patio watching the sunset over the
Cathedral– Perfect! Thank you Phil “
“In a great spot. Everything needed was here, we will be
accommodation , loved the garden, wonderful and spectacular coast line”
“ Very nice
accommodation. Beautiful scenery and very friendly people. Diolch yr fawr”
and top tips, thankyou. Nice to see you in the Farmers Arms!’’
enjoyed our stay, Thank you Phil “
“Lovely quiet spot, nice to be able to sit and enjoy the sunshine in the garden”
“Good location and comfotable accomodation with everything we needed. The coast around the peninsula is stunning, we can't wait to return. Whitesands and Caerfai beaches are just beautiful, you are so lucky to have them on your doorstep”
“ Thank you Phil for all your help”
“ Very comfortable
– spacious cottage”
“ Great cottage
very convenient spot, fantastic weather, beautiful coastline, we walked 35 miles
of it “
“ Central location
, cottage neat and tidy very relaxing, will return next year “
“ Great cottage
and fantastic location. Thank you “
“ Excellent location. We have enjoyed our week at Solva and will certainly return to Mill Cottage “
Please contact Philip Prickett
Phone: 01437 721226
have always lived in Solva and know Pembrokeshire well. I would be very
happy to answer any queries or offer suggestions to enhance your
- The Harbour Inn
- Just across the road from our cottages and right on the harbour with lovely views. This pub offers a great selection of bar food and is famous for its Sunday Carvery and selection of Welsh Real Ales.
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 720013
- Web: http://www.harbourinnsolva.com/
- The Ship Inn
- again, just a few yards from the cottages. A traditional pub offering a warm welcome and real fires.
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 721528
- The Cambrian
- The Royal George
- Lavender Café
- Found in the gallery of Raul Speek in Solva. Full license, evening opening and programme of live music.
- Tel:+44 (0)1437 721907
- Web: http://www.raulspeek.co.uk/
- Café on the Quay
- Great view over Solva harbour. Family-friendly café serving home-made cakes and speciality coffees and plenty of other tasty snacks. (Open during the main season).
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 721725
- Simon Swinfield Gallery
- Simon Swinfield's watercolours capture the essence of Pembrokeshire's land, sea and sky - soft summer evenings and wild winter storms. Both originals and affordable limited edition prints are available.
- Tel:+44 (0)1437 721114
- Web: http://www.simonswinfield.co.uk/
- Window on Wales, Solva
- Window On Wales
Quality clothes, gifts and crafts for everyone. Two cottages and a former granary to browse around. Branches in Solva and St. David’s. Open every day.
- Tel:+44 (0)1437 720659
- Web: http://www.windowonwales.com/
- Solva Woollen Mill
- The oldest working woollen mill in Pembrokeshire with over 100 years of weaving expertise.
Original restored 10ft waterwheel, learn about the weaving process and observe the working mill.
Relax in the tea room and visit the mill’s shop.
Open all year.
- Tel:+44 (0)1437 721112
- Web: http://www.solvawoollenmill.co.uk/
- Solva Seafood
Orders taken for fresh lobsters and crab.dressed or brought in daily [ weather permitting] for you to prepare yourselves.orders collected from Thirty Five cafe, next to the Harbour Inn or Solva Farm
Open all year.
- Tel:+44 (0)1437 729169
- Web: http://www.solvaseafoods.co.uk/
- The Bench
- St Davids. An Italian style coffee house, ice-cream parlour. Internet access. We think it sells the best ice-cream in Pembrokeshire!
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 721778
- Web: http://www.bench-bar.co.uk/
- Restaurant in the heart of St David's serving fresh, local produce in a relaxed atmosphere. Featured in the Good Food Guide, AA Guide and Michelin Guide.
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 720491
- Web: http://www.cwtchrestaurant.co.uk/
- Farmers Arms
- The Shed Wine Bar and Bistro
- Harbour-side wine bar with views over the quay in the lovely village of Porthgain. A relaxed and intimate atmosphere, serving locally caught seafood. Specialising in its shellfish dishes.
- Tel: +44 (0)1348 831518
- Web: http://www.theshedporthgain.co.uk/
- The Sloop Inn
- Porthgain. A family pub open every day from 10am to 11pm. Bar menu available lunchtimes and evenings 7 days a week. Pool room and a large village green.
- Tel: +44 (0)1348 831449
- Web: http://www.sloop.co.uk/
- Ramsey Island
- A dramatic, offshore island with some of the finest cliff scenery in Wales and home to a wealth of wildlife. Now an RSPB nature reserve, it is open to the public from April to October between 10am and 4pm. Take the opportunity to book a memorable boat trip out to this spectacular island.
- Boat Trips
- Twr y Felin
- For the more adventurous, TYF in St David's offers the chance to try 'coasteering' - which involves scrambling, swimming and awe-inspiring cliff jumping - or kayaking around the magnificent coastline.
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 721611
- Nolton and East Nolton Riding Stables
- Nolton is a pretty seaside village with a sandy beach, 150 year old stone chapel and a pub serving homemade food. Catering for any level of rider, the stables are superbly located to enable visitors to enjoy spectacular beach riding or hacks through coastal fields and woodland valleys.
- Tel: +44 (0)1437 710360
- Oakwood Theme Park